Monday, August 17, 2015

Green Eggs and Ham

   When I was in elementary school, every year on Dr. Seuss's birthday the cafeteria would serve up green eggs. Now in my head I knew that it was green food coloring in the yolk, but with my eyes that did not make it look any more appetizing. I understood where the character Sam-I-Am was coming from - would not and could not trying these eggs.
    Often the form in which God is presenting hope to us looks unappetizing. It doesn't look like what we though it would or prayed it would. We wish life would be a little easier and there would be a few less bumps in the road. Yet, God came to us in the most unexpected form - a baby named Jesus, who was fully both human and Divine. Not what we expected. But exactly what we needed.
     When you pray the Lord's Prayer next time - notice that we pray for our daily bread. That's not just our physical daily bread - even though that is important too. Its also the daily bread and substance we receive through the Bread of Life - Jesus Christ. When was a time Jesus came to you in an unexpected way?

No comments:

Post a Comment