Monday, February 9, 2015

"Forgiving Others"

  We all probably have stories of people in our lives that have hurt us. I'm more interested in hearing how you responded when someone hurt you. I think it speaks volumes about a person's character and faith to see how they respond to people when they have been wounded.
   I'm not going to pretend that I have always responded the correct way. There have been times I have let bitterness take root in my heart. And times that I really wish I could have responded with more grace. But as time goes on and I grow in faith, I find that I respond differently to being wounded. I try to respond by treating the person who hurt me in the way that I would want to be treated if the situation was reversed.
   Its not easy. But it comes with practice. Do you find it easy or hard to forgive someone who has hurt you? How has your approach to forgiveness changed with time?

1 comment:

  1. I find that my response to hurt and forgiving others has changed greatly as I grow older. I see myself looking deeper into what happened, and not thinking just about me and how I feel, but about the other person as well. More grace.

    ReplyDelete