Sunday, August 8, 2021

Sabbath. Study. Serve.

 Sabbath, Study, Serve 

Taking the Sermon Into Our Week 


Scripture of the Week: Acts 2: 37-42 and Psalm 45


From the Sermon:

____________ is an outward sign of such powerful transformation. 


After the people have heard the Good News and have come to believe, they have a logical question, __________________?


If we are not careful, we can trick ourselves into thinking that this is a work ____ do.


___________ can only come from God.


Baptism is powerful because it takes this human thing - water - and gives it a holy meaning - that God _________________.





Reflection Questions:

What promise of God is Peter speaking about?


How does Psalm 45 relate to the sacrament of baptism?


What does baptism mean to you?



Prayer:

Lord, as I enter the water to bather, I remember my baptism. Wash me by your grace. Fill me with your Spirit. Renew my soul. I pray that I might live as your child today and honor you in all that I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment